Once I'd ordered my Trailstar I started to think about additional gear I may need to go with it, I've got a Polycryo groundsheet to use but liked the idea of having a bathtub style floor to use as an alternative, plus I figured it could also be used under a tarp or maybe even inside my Laser Comp if I ever wanted to use it without the inner.
After having a look online I decided I'd have a go at making my own, all the necessary bits and bobs were gathered and sat on my desk for a while waiting to be used. Recently I finally got on with things and here is the end result.
It's the first time i've made anything out of Silnylon and it lived up to its reputation of being very slippery to work with, although it was a lot easier to handle/sew than I'd imagined it would be. The supports within the corners were made from 6mm nylon rod and the Lineloc 3 adjusters were threaded on to some grosgrain which was then sewed to the material. I think all in it probably took around 3.5-4 hours.
It's approx 220x80cm with a depth of 10cm, so there's room for a full length sleeping mat etc. I've got some material left so I may make another as whilst stitching the 3rd corner on this one I came up with a neater/easier way to sew them. Inc the stuff sack I made it comes in at 138g which is pretty good, packs down nice and small too. Quite pleased with how it's turned out!